Parents Right to Know
Information that must be provided to all parents:
- Student performance on PSSA assessment
- Information that must be available on request
- Teachers’ qualifications including degrees, fields of discipline and certifications
- Whether students receive services from paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications
- Teacher’s Professional Qualification – English,Spanish, French, Additional Languages
We currently have Guest Teachers who are teaching outside of their area of certification. The link below is required notification of this:
Parents are requested to make an appointment with the principal to review these qualifications.
Graduation and Promotion Requirements
The September 29, 2005 Promotion and Graduation Policy provides information on the requirements that must be met by students to be promoted and grade 12 students to graduate. These requirements include passing major subjects and completion of a project. This policy will remain in effect until a new policy is issued.
Please click on the link for a more detailed explanation of the district’s promotion and graduation policy.
After-school and Saturday activities are available for enrichment: Students are given the opportunity to participate in a variety of programs.
Special Education Policies
The Philadelphia Juvenile Justice Services Center School prides itself in meeting the diverse needs of students with IEPs. All teachers have access to student’s individual educational plan and incorporates differentiated instruction into lessons daily.